Logo

Thank you Ricardo and El- Pescador

Mujibar

OKAY!!!! After 2 years after buying it, my boat is scheduled for the water tomorrow! Just in time for my birthday.
It has been a learning experience. Made easier by the EXPERT help and knowledge of RICARDO and El-Pescador.
Thank you both. Very Much! I also wish to thank all the others who contributed spec pages and valuable information.
To recap:
It is a custom built one of a kind. Similar to a Formula 233. It enjoys the same early 70's classic lines.
Here's what was done:
* The frozen 351W was replaced.
* A new raw water pump.
* An electronic distributor conversion was installed.
* Ricardo helped me avoid the incorrect use of an existing 2.15:1 gear ratio in the outdrive. I found
a used 280 lower unit and put that on the 270T. It had been sunk and needed refurbishing and new bearings.
* Of course bellows and hoses were replaced.
These are what were added while it was in the shop:
* Bennett trim tabs (24X9 overkill) were installed.
* Pulpit and windlass were installed.
* I sewed a new sunbrella Bimini top.
* 70 gallons of old gas were removed and a new sending unit installed.
* A Racor filter/seperator were installed.
Also heartfelt word of thanks to Miami Boat Works of Hallandale Beach, Florida. They performed the actual
work over the last year. I could not have done it myself.

Last edited:
Hey while we're at it I'll throw in a big THANK YOU to you two as well. You've helped me keep my boat going and on the water and out of an expensive marine shop more than once.

No need to thank us..... both Eduardo and myself have your credit card numbers.
I can't speak for Eduardo, but I just bought all new Navigation equipment on your dime. :cool:

You are welcome, guys. Sorry for my late reply, I don't log as much in the forum as I used to (I think it has been 9 months, maybe almost a year since last time ....?) Glad to see that Ricardo and others are still on the front line, assisting whenever they can to keep all those engines running ..... :cool:

Thanks so much. We're on the east coast. Do you know of anyone willing to share knowledge? The seal for the shift linkage is leaking. I can likely get the parts but have never done the job before and am willing to make the repair with some insight. The unit is mounted in a tight spot with a dripless shaft seal so I'm concerned about the disassembly in the boat and can't take out the transmission to bring to a shop without a haul. Any lead would be welcome. Thanks.

Thanks so much. We're on the east coast. Do you know of anyone willing to share knowledge? The seal for the shift linkage is leaking. I can likely get the parts but have never done the job before and am willing to make the repair with some insight. The unit is mounted in a tight spot with a dripless shaft seal so I'm concerned about the disassembly in the boat and can't take out the transmission to bring to a shop without a haul. Any lead would be welcome. Thanks.
try him at the bayliners club or post a thread here or on Iboats forum.

the moderator here banned him for constant arguing, but no question he knew his Volvo stuff well.

Hi. Tnx. I'm brand new to posting. Will try to sort how to start a new thread to find Ricardo. I found a shop manual on eBay. Bought and waiting for delivery. Tnx.

Back