Logo

Water running into the impeller housing unit when out drive is up but not when it’s down with the water hose and muffs on a 496 mag engine.

Hc0187831

So I i replaced the housing unit and impeller on my 496 mag engine and pulled off the blue plug on the side to verify that water was going into the housing unit itself,I noticed that while the outdrive was up I had plenty of water going through but as soon as I dropped the outdrive very little water was coming out the side inlet,I decided to run it thinking it needed the impeller to suck up the water and it did at idle.I lunched and everything was fine,the risers and the engine ran cool but I soon as I powered out at higher rpm the risers got hat and melted the 4 inch rubber hose I’m thinking it has to do with the outdrive not having enough water going through although I did a back flush and had plenty coming out the outdrive.Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Yes,I also back flushed and cleaned the heat exchanger,I’m baffled.The only thing left to do is pull the outdrive and look for any pinched or blocked hose.
Yes,I also back flushed and cleaned the heat exchanger,I’m baffled.The only thing left to do is pull the outdrive and look for any pinched or blocked hose.
the housing had grooves in it so I thought perhaps I was losing pressure.

Back