Logo

Recent content by iang6766

  1. I

    Honda BF115 won't shift after lower unit installed

    Just to add, there is a thrust washer that sits above the circlip which may have slid down into the midsection, make sure that goes above the clip or the shift mechanism will go out of sync again
  2. I

    Honda BF115 won't shift after lower unit installed

    This is tricky if you're not experienced. You need to mark your shift shaft with a paint pen to indicate where the master spline is. Then with the shift in neutral, push the whole assembly up , turn it so the master spline is facing exactly forward, then let it drop down and install the circlip...
  3. I

    Running issue with 2008 BF225 with 1000 hours.

    Good job on the seal replacement. Your seals under the water pump are weak. Honda install the with both lips facing away from the oil which eventually hold less pressure. When I install new ones I always fit back to back ie inside seal lip facing the oil and outer facing water pump. Hope this helps
  4. I

    Workaround for Honda BF90 Water seeping up the vertical shaft into Flywheel case?

    Trust me it works, done it to a lot of motors. If your flywheel is badly rusted, then your crank will be too. In that case you will need to remove the powerhead to clean everything propely as well as replace the seals
  5. I

    Honda BF150 erratic running at high RPM

    You've posted this question everywhere. I'll ask again, have you run a fuel pressure test while the problem is active?
  6. I

    BF50D "Rpm issue"

    Sounds like your motor is under powered and over propped. 13 pitch on a 20ft pontoon will not work.
  7. I

    Running issue with 2008 BF225 with 1000 hours.

    Boston whaler's unsinkable isn't it 😆
  8. I

    Running issue with 2008 BF225 with 1000 hours.

    Check fuel pressure( regulator screen could be blocked) Check thermostats, if stuck open will make it run very rich.
  9. I

    Bf250 main harness plugs

    If you go onto Hondamarine.com, then accessories, you will find what you need
  10. I

    Bf250 main harness plugs

    You've lost me. What you need is a standard honda dual ignition switch assembly, it will plug into the engine harnesses direct, and then you need to buy 2 gauge harnesses . The dual ignition panel comes with the harness to plug into port and stbd engines
  11. I

    Bf250 main harness plugs

    What controls are you using. Key switches are the same for all the efi Hondas?
  12. I

    BF75A Obstruction in Cooling System?

    Sorry, just seen it's the older 75. Think you will find silt build up around number four cylinder, seen a few like this, head off will reveal.
  13. I

    BF75A Obstruction in Cooling System?

    Have you done both thermostats?
  14. I

    Honda 225 Oil Leak!

    You are right Bob, either that or the flexible seal between the oil pump and the mountcase, although I have never seen one of them fail. Either way it's powerhead off
  15. I

    2005 BF90A Ignition issues.... Need expert advice....

    You just need the two wires you mentioned the black/ white to pos for crank. Your issue is strange because 1 an 4 should fire together from the same coil. It looks more likely to be a bad ground, or low voltage into the cdi. The fact that you have weak spark means your cdi is fine as are the...
Back
Top