Logo

Convert BFP60 to BF60?

Artcha

Hi,
I have a 2018 BFP60 that I clipped a reef on and need a new lower unit, I would like to change it to a bf60 if possible. My understanding is the bfp60 is just a 60 with a bf75 lower unit on it or are there upper fairing differences or other things to consider?

For context I bought the bfp version as our trawler is a single engine and was hoping to use the rib tender to push it as an emergency backup, after testing the bfp is almost overkill so would like the minor weight savings and better top end performance of the BF model if possible.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I don't know about the swap, but I would think that a used BF75 lower in good condition (FYI, same/identical as the BF90), would be easier to find than the lower for a BF60 - IF - your motor is actually using a BF75/90 lower.

Bottom line, I'd fix or replace what you have in the name of simplicity (KISS!). That's me though, FWIW.

Hi,
I have a 2018 BFP60 that I clipped a reef on and need a new lower unit, I would like to change it to a bf60 if possible. My understanding is the bfp60 is just a 60 with a bf75 lower unit on it or are there upper fairing differences or other things to consider?

For context I bought the bfp version as our trawler is a single engine and was hoping to use the rib tender to push it as an emergency backup, after testing the bfp is almost overkill so would like the minor weight savings and better top end performance of the BF model if possible.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Whatever became of your conversion I also own a 2016 BFP 60 that I wish was a BF 60

Back