Logo

Mercury outboard serial number

Valen

New member
Hey guys. Can anyone tell me the year, model of a 35 hp mercury outboard. The serial number is A121282. I've tried and not had any luck. The boat was left to a friend from his departed mother in law and he has no info on it. Thanks in advance!
 
Thank you haventaclue for your reply. That helps. Did you also see the model number by any chance? If not that's fine. Thanks again!
 
I picked up a 20 hp Mercury outboard with no plate or sticker. The freeze plug had a number on it "B162749" How do I get information on this motor so I can get parts? I think it is a 1986 but I'm not sure. Actually, I'm not positive it is a 20 hp.
 
I picked up a 20 hp Mercury outboard with no plate or sticker. The freeze plug had a number on it "B162749" How do I get information on this motor so I can get parts? I think it is a 1986 but I'm not sure. Actually, I'm not positive it is a 20 hp.
Your engine serial number comes up as an 1987, 20_HP, 'Parts Group: 18/20/25 H.P. (XD)
Options: Manual start, short shaft (15”/381mm) driveshaft housing. Tiller handle steering Model style: M, Model number 1020207.

Here's your parts catalog,
 
What about serial #3809752 would you know the year so I can get a water pump kit.? ant help is appreciated.....
Hi there, if your serial number truly starts with a 3 then that is going to be pretty old vs the engines being mentioned above in this thread and it wouldn't really be picked up doing a general serial number automated search...

It's going to be from a book chart of serial number ranges plus we would need a bit more info to try and get things sort out with yours such as engine size/HP, any other numbers on the engine / carbs, color of engine and decals, ask again are you sure it's a 3 and not either a 6 or a letter then numbers while 3 is still a possibility, just need to double check with you as often over the years some numbers become fat thumbed all depending on actual model and true year... Maybe post a few photos of the overall engine with and without engine cowling, carbs, serial number ID tag...
 
380XXXX is about 1974.
Since you failed to tell us the HP, we are at a stand still.
Go to Mercury parts
Go to Correct HP
Then see if your serial number range is listed. Some HPs have more than 1 listing, so if your serial number isn't listed, go up or down 1 listing.
 
Back
Top