Logo

tohatsu 9.8 amazon carb kit

goatman1

i need to rebuild my carb but i cant get a tohatsu kit/3v1-87122-0 locally, im in Canada and the local shop said the Texas warehouse is out of stock.
boats.net has a genuine tohatsu carb kit but it wont let me check out and the page freezes, i think because im in canada theres an issue.
amazon.ca has aftermarket kits but the comment section has people saying dont waste your money on them.
anyone having luck with these amazon ones???
i also wanted to get the o-ring/3v1-2012-0
2 gaskets/3v1-02011-0
also dropped a carb bolt in the river/916113-0695
its a 2012 mfs 9.8a3 that im buying off a guy at the marina for my kid, basically i said i would throw the kit in it and if it ran good id buy it but not being able to get some basic parts for it is turning me off on this deal, are these motors any good?

i need to rebuild my carb but i cant get a tohatsu kit/3v1-87122-0 locally, im in Canada and the local shop said the Texas warehouse is out of stock.
boats.net has a genuine tohatsu carb kit but it wont let me check out and the page freezes, i think because im in canada theres an issue.
amazon.ca has aftermarket kits but the comment section has people saying dont waste your money on them.
anyone having luck with these amazon ones???
i also wanted to get the o-ring/3v1-2012-0
2 gaskets/3v1-02011-0
also dropped a carb bolt in the river/916113-0695
its a 2012 mfs 9.8a3 that im buying off a guy at the marina for my kid, basically i said i would throw the kit in it and if it ran good id buy it but not being able to get some basic parts for it is turning me off on this deal, are these motors any good?
I got a new carb off Amazon about $80 works great!

Had it running good last year, then he left the gas tank connected in the hot sun with vent closed and gas would pour out the bowl gasket. Im not going to toss the tohatsu carb, ill rebuild it but its just a matter of getting this motor running asap. My son got a job at the marina and needs it now lol

this carb has the accelerator pump on it where the old one didnt. bolted up just fine, fired right up. had to adjust the idle screw and the accelerator pump screw a little. no complaints so far

i thought it just meant it was the EU version of the carb
which in your opinion is the better carb
the merc, tohatsu or yamaha carb
i think i read somewhere here that yamaha could be used also?

Back